We had a few photos taken at Gasworks park to show off some of the new wearable LED projects I have been working on. This is basically what we will be wearing out for Halloween on Friday. Continue reading
This is a variant of the Adafruit Chameleon Scarf that I recently made. I made the color fade and randomly twinkle rather than stay on all the time. I also added a button to restart the color sample sequence as well. To include some motion feedback, I used a Fast Vibration Sensor Switch to increase the number of pixels that go bright when it is triggered.
This is using 20 NeoPixles and the wires between them are rather long so that they can be spread out over a larger aria. The color sensor and button are also at the end of a long wire so that they could be placed inside of a fabric sheathe for easy color sampling. This is the same with the last NeoPixle in the chain so you can see the other puffball blink before the color is sampled.
|Amount||Part Type||Part Number|
|1||LiPoly Battery (1200mAh)||258|
|1||FLORA Color Sensor||1356|
|20||Flora RGB Smart NeoPixel version 2 – Sheet of 20||1559|
|1||Fast Vibration Sensor Switch (Easy to trigger)||1766|
|1||Colorful Round Tactile Button Switch Assortment – 15 pack||1009|
This is a line following robot based on the AtTiny85. This should help in writing the code for the Hack-E-Bot.
Using a Bluetooth serial module to send and receive data between an Android device and an Arduino.
I made a pendant for my girlfriend as a Halloween present. The animation was changed to an eye that blinks and looks around. I really wanted it not to just loop the same animation so I set out to create a few animations for the pendant to cycle through at random including a few longer blackout periods. I am still rather new to the coding side of this and didn’t understand some of the code, but here is the version I have working as of now.
If anyone want’s to help me streamline this a bit, it would be appreciated. I’ll post photos of the pendant later and maybe come up with a 3D printed enclosure or something.
I didn’t have a project box that small so I just cut up the Adafruit box and hot glue gunned it up. I had some window tinting laying around to darken the unlit LEDs. The frame and other stuff was just in my junk bins.
This is using a lithium Ion battery attached to a charging board. The switch on the side lets you turn it on or off and the button is attached to the reset on the Trinket. I made sure to cut a slot so I can access the mini USB on the Trinket to reprogram it.
One of the primary goals of the NWC Robot Fair will be to spark an interest in engineering and programming by showing the diversity of robotics and provide hands on activities with robotics. While robotic competitions that involve battling robots can be entertaining, I would like to focus on showing people that robots can be much more and focus on how humans and robots can interact with each other. Manufacturing, telepresence, assistive, and even art robots are a good way to show people how robotics will continue to enhance our world. Continue reading
After working on many designs I have come up with this little guy:
I’ve managed to get the parts list price down to just under $30 (not including the 4 AA batteries or optional servo). The chassis is laser cut and I have shared the vector file so anyone can make it. The entire chassis will fit on an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of paper and is made to be cut from 1/8″ materiel.
I do have plans to design an even smaller and cheaper ($20) bot, but i figured this $35 ish bot would be a good start for anyone who would like to test it out.